When you have little ones running around the house, it’s important to teach your kids which items around the house are dangerous and shouldn’t be played with. It is also important to know how to child proof your home for the safety of your children. Here are some simple tips you can follow:
1. When using the oven in the kitchen, turn the oven light on and teach your kids that when the light is on, they are not to touch the unit.
2. Cook using the back burners whenever possible. This will protect your curious children from burns if they were to reach up or if something were to boil or spill over.
3. Empty the dishwasher as soon as the dishes are clean. This will prevent children from opening the door and sticking their hands in.
4. Create a fire escape plan. Make sure the children in your home understand the basics of the plan and know what to do if you are not around.
5. Child safety equipment can actually become dangerous as children age. As soon as a child is old enough to climb on or attempt to climb over a gate, it is time for that gate to be removed so they do not injure themselves.
If your child has been seriously injured as a result of someone else’s negligence, contact us for a free consultation today.