As the temperature heats up and your summer job begins, remember these safety tips.
- STAY HYDRATED! And if need be, seek shade.
- If your job entails heavy lifting, be sure to enlist the help of others if you feel you are not completely confident you can safely lift yourself
- Be observant, remove sharp objects, cuts are one of the most common workplace injuries.
- Have good posture- sustaining improper or unnatural posture for long periods of time at work can have long term damage.Take “posture breaks” or stop and stretch regularly.
- Familiarize yourself with symbols and signs that alert a potential hazard
- Learn how to use any and all protective equipment at your workplace
- Limit sun exposure as much as possible
- Even if you’re not in direct sunlight you should always wear sunscreen to protect against harmful UV rays.