No one wants to be brought down by the Flu. So follow these top tips to help prevent the spread of the virus in your workplace.
1. Get Vaccinated. – This is the most important measure to prevent the spread of the flu.
2. Stay home if you are sick! – Any worker who has a fever and respiratory symptoms should stay home. The CDC recommends staying home for 24 hours after the fever ends without the use of medication to lower it.
3. Wash your hands frequently! Use soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If you don’t have access to soap and water use alcohol-based hand rub.
4. Avoid touching your nose, mouse and eyes, and cover your mouth when you cough and sneeze. Use a tissue or your upper sleeve.
5. Keep surfaces that are touched frequently clean. Wipe down telephones, computer equipment and surfaces. Avoid using coworker’s phones, desk, and computer. If you do need to use it wipe it down first.
For more information read the OSHA’s seasonal flu webpage.