Client Suffers Life-Altering Electrical Injuries, $2.2 Million Dollar Settlement Awarded

When a property’s conditions pose a serious safety risk to those in its vicinity, there must be proper signage and preventative measures in place. Our client was in an Erie, NY building when he suddenly found himself on the ground, unconscious. When he entered the building he had no way of knowing he was in a high-voltage area. He sustained serious electrical burns, and as a result had to undergo an amputation of his left arm below the elbow and multiple skin grafts. The owners of the building tried to escape responsibility for the terrible incident that occurred, but through the careful work of our investigative team and personal injury attorneys, led by attorney Marshall Richer, the case ultimately settled for $2.2 million dollars.