Early this month five people were injured when a 25-foot tree snapped in half in Bryant Park. According to officials the tree was severely rotted. The Parks Department is investigating the matter although a private management company, Bryant Park Corporation manages the park.
Every day thousands of people commute through New York City parks. It’s important to know what to do in the event an injury occurs.
1. File an accident report
2. Gather possible evidence, including witness’ and photographs of the location and surroundings of where the incident occurred.
3. Take photos of your injury
5. Keep a record of all medical treatment along with receipts and expenses
6. Research the statute of limitations
7. Contact an attorney. The legalities regarding injuries that occur in Public Parks/ Public area’s can be especially complex. If you or a loved one has been hurt in a New York City park because of poor maintenance contact us today.